People often ask us about how to take a hair sample.
We have included below the key points on how to obtain a high quality sample:
1. Wash hair with regular shampoo only, rinse thoroughly with water, do not use conditioner. Once hair is cleaned and dry cut sample.
2. If hair is treated or coloured, wait six to eight weeks and take a sample from the freshly grown untreated hair.
3. Cut hair with clean stainless steel scissors. Thinning scissors or clippers can be used on short hair. ensuring they are clean from oil or rust.
4. Cut small amounts of hair from the nape of the neck and/or several other locations on the back of the scalp. Cut hair as close to the scalp as possible.
5. If the sampled hair is less than 4cm long, keep all of it for testing. If the hair is longer than this, cut off and keep the 4cm of hair that was growing closest to the scalp (discard the excess).
6. Place the hair sample in the envelope provided, or in a clean, clearly labelled paper envelope or sachet.
(DO NOT PUT HAIR SAMPLES IN PLASTIC WRAP, ZIP LOCK BAGS, ALUMINUM FOIL OR TISSUE PAPER AS THIS MAY CONTAMINATE THE SAMPLE)
To request one of our free Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Kits, E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, postal address and ask for a kit